cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Does anyone reads this? Cisco XE always on sandboxes are not working.

I am  not able to ssh or netconf to the following devnet environment: IOS XE on Catalyst Latest Code Always On
It seems like there is something wrong with how the sandbox is set up, or the credentials are simply wrong. When I ssh into it admin@sandbox-iosxe-latest-1.cisco.com (password C1sco12345 ) , I get the following error: 

kex_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer
Connection reset by 131.226.217.143 port 22

When I attempt to connect with python/netconf, I get this error:

ncclient.transport.errors.SSHError: Negotiation failed: Error reading SSH protocol banner[Errno 104] Connection reset by peer

I am not sure who to reach out to, but this should be fixed by sandbox support, I am pretty sure there is no issue in my code, because it is working with other dev environments. 

Similarly, I am not able to use the following development environment:IOS XE on CSR Recommended Code AlwaysOn

Before I was at least able to ssh into the latter device by changing the key exchange method to a more outdated one like this: 

ssh -oKexAlgorithms=diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 developer@sandbox-iosxe-recomm-1.cisco.com (password lastorangerestoreball8876 ) but now it is also producing error: 

Unable to negotiate with 131.226.217.149 port 22: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1

Please fix those sandboxes so that students can practice using netconf/restconf on them. They have been broken for a while, please don't ignore 

Who Me Too'd this topic