Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Some users cant see open SSID with OWE transition

Boort
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I encountered a strange problem today with OWE in transition mode.
Suddenly a handfull of users could not see the OPEN SSID at all. But when they moved to another section of the office they got the OPEN SSID and were able to connect. After that they could move freely in the office space without issues.
Through out the day the SSID could be seen at various spots in the office space.

Some Windows users reported that they had two hidden SSIDs, and if they typed in the SSID name they could connect.

The other users report that it works flawlessly. They can see and connect everywhere so i know that the setup is in working order. Even wierder is that last week we had 300+ clients on the same setup that could connect. Many of these clients were the ones who had issues today with the OPEN ssid.

This is the setup:
Corp-guest = WPA2 OPEN
Corp-guest-transition = WPA3 OWE linked to Corp-guest

After connecting there is a web redirect to Cisco ISE and a hotspot splash page.

WLC 9800-C-F running 17.9.4a
Access points = Mixed bag of 9120 and 9166. Mostly 9166. in total its about 150 APs.

This is in a SDA deployment with fabric enabled wireless. WLC is managed by DNAC running 2.3.5

2,4 Ghz is turned off on RF-TAG level. That leaves 5Ghz on WPA2 OPEN and 5 + 6 Ghz on WPA3 OWE.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Who Me Too'd this topic