cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2nd WAN port on RV082 as bridge

laner61
Level 1
Level 1

Our marketing office is across the street from our main building. Both buildings have their own independent internet connection. The users in marketing connect to the server at the main building via a wireless bridge. The wireless connects to a RV082 at the marketing office, and to a switch at the main building. We had a VPN up at one time, but it was so slow, it was useless. The bridge runs at LAN speeds.

The users in both buildings are on the same internal network. We run IP phones across the wireless as well as traffic to a domain controller that has their marketing database and other server shares. There are only 4 or 5 users, so it's not that heavy a load. The wireless is plugged into a switchport on the router.

I want the users to continue to continue to be able to access the main building's network seamlessly, but the issue I have is that their internet access comes through ours - their internet isn't being used at all.

I thought trying to set up the 2nd WAN port to connect to the wireless bridge would get this done, with a default route to WAN1 and only a route to our internal network going through WAN2. However, I haven't been able to get this to work. But I can't put WAN2 in Transparent Bridge mode, because it won't accept the internal network we're using in the Internal Network IP Range. The error message says "This IP Address Range conflict with the WAN2 Internal IP Range".

Any ideas?

Thanks,

LaneR

0 Replies 0