Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing Cisco GUI from Browser Error

PaulBoundy12902
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support

Im fairly new to Cisco and am learning as I go along. I have an issue where I cannot connect to the GUI of one of my Cisco switches. I use Chrome to do this and This was working fine until recently.

The issue  is below:

Can’t connect securely to this page
This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

Your TLS security settings aren’t set to the defaults, which could also be causing this error.

I understand that this is a security warning, and i have to change the TLS settings on the switch but how do i go about resolving. The weird thing is i have 4 other switches but these are fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
4 Replies 4

is there option to bypass security message and accept risk?

also what is the switch model?

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Hi Kasun

I know of the message to which you are referring to, but this is not coming up for this particular switch (see screenshot). The other switches, Yes, the message appears.

The switches are 2960-XR

Capture.PNG

Kind Regards

try below article. 

https://mwhubbard.blogspot.com/2020/06/disable-weak-sshssl-ciphers-in-cisco-ios.html

also second option is try enabling lower level SSL versions in internet setting in your browser (use IE for testing)

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Thank you for the assistance.

I have tried enabling lower SSL/TLS in the browser, but still doesn't work.

The article you have highlighted, I cant make any sense out of, as my degree of knowledge in Cisco is limited. For now i am using the command line interface to configure the switch, again its not my forte but i am just about managing.

Thank you so much for your assistance