Views
Helpful
Replies

ADSL Modem Recommendations

Peter_sgc_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

All of our customers have ADSL Connections, and "Most" of the CISCO Routers / Security Appliances have only "Ethernet" for connecting to the WAN.

What do you recommend for an ADSL Modem? We have one customer using a netgear DM111P but having some issues.

So I was wondering if you have any Suggestion's as to the best device.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Peter,

I'm sorry for the delay.

You can find the "How to" configure to SRP527w in a Bridge mode attached.

Thanks,

Regards.

Andrey Cassemiro.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Andrey Cassemiro
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Peter,

As you are here in the community I will suggest you a Cisco ADSL Router to use before your normal Cisco routers

The equipment that i'm using today is the SRP527W, an awsome equipement, Stable, Reliable and easy to configure and deploy.

PLUS you can have a 3G backup if your ADSL fails.

Below you can find the link to get more information about it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10500/index.html

Thanks,

Regards.

Andrey Cassemiro.

Hi Andrey

Luckly, I alredy have one of these in the lab.

How do i set this into bridge mode so that It will pass "Transparently" the WAN to the SA?

I have been all over the web interface and can't seem to find the correct option.

Hi Peter,

I can find two options that you can use, but Can i ask you some time to test it tonight?

I will try to use them and feedback to you.

Thanks,

Regards.

Andrey Cassemiro.

Hi Andrey,

I am able to test now if it helps, as I only have access to the lab 9-5 (GMT)

While we are talking about ADSL, is there a Cisco Small Business RV thats supports ADSL or would we need a Modem again?

Peter

It's a pity cisco doesn't make a stand-alone adsl2+ modem to avoid paying for the router/wireless and then disabling it and using the modem in "bridged" mode

Just the modem part of the srp527w/srp547w looks like it would be very useful..

I agree, as most Small Business in england will have ADSL connections it seems rather silly most devices don't have a built in ADSL modem.

Which would keep the cost down as you wouldnt need a seperate device, that could also cause you problems.

I'd say that since the rvs4000 (and doubtless other cisco products) requires a stand-alone adsl modem it seems rather silly that cisco doesn't make one...

Hi Peter,

I'm sorry for the delay.

You can find the "How to" configure to SRP527w in a Bridge mode attached.

Thanks,

Regards.

Andrey Cassemiro.

Tested and working!

Thankyou!!