cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't hit our own server

Hagioscope
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Comcast business class cable modem with a static IP address. There are two devices hardwired to it; a server and a Linksys WRT610N

The server is hardwired to it with port forwarding set for ports 21, 80 and 5900. It works perfectly and can be reached as intended by the outside world but not by our own network.

Our Linksys WRT610N is hardwired to the modem. All computers on the wireless network see each other and can access the internet perfectly.

So all seems well enough.

BUT, no computer on our network can reach our server. Using the domain name or VNC connections from inside our system results in time outs and no connection.

Comcast support says it must be an issue in our router settings but I'm at a loss as to what that would be.

1 Reply 1

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good morning

Hi James, thanks for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. This is not a small business product, however these devices have it own support page, go to http://support.linksys.com so you can have more feedback on your case, more users will see it there. In order to resolve your issue, you can do a couple of tests, you can disable your server´s firewall then try to “ping” it, if the ping works you have to configure the firewall, if not, I recommend you start to check the router access rules.

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.