Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Router RV160W console port is not working

arkan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to connect through the console port with the following data from minicome

1.PNG

Which it means:

Speed: 9600

Data Bits: 8

Stop Bits: 1

Parity: None

Flow Control: XON/XOFF

And I'm getting nothing for these settings, also I've tried 115200 speed and it did not work.

This is what I'm getting:

2.PNG

If I click 'Enter', or anything, there is nothing to happen.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check this thread (guess bad news...) :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/access-cli-on-rv160w/td-p/4033101

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check this thread (guess bad news...) :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/small-business-routers/access-cli-on-rv160w/td-p/4033101

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you @marce1000 , this is sad, because in this situation I will need to buy Raspberry Pi 4 and to use it as a vpn as I've done it with my other network using TP-Link router with Raspberry Pi 4 in order to power on lan my servers.

And the problem that I have with current router (RV160W) that I can access my network through OpenVPN but the problem I think it's dropping the broadcast packets.

I have this problem on Linux (Raspberry Pi 4) and it only work if I set the following (tun0 is my VPN interface) and also turn wake on lan from BIOS:

• net.ipv4.conf.all.bc_forwarding=1
  • net.ipv4.conf.tun0.bc_forwarding=1

This worked for me and I can turn on my servers from my phone when I'm outside of home (using mobile data or external wifi network).

Arkan