Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV042 Router automatically Restart every 1 minutes

Maria Joseph R
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir,

Cisco RV042 Small Business router is automatically Restart every 1 minutes. Kindly give the solution to rectify the problem

Regards,

Maria Joseph. R

75 Replies 75

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Use latest firmware (if applicable)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

DawidKiedio9227
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we have the same issue with latest firmware 4.2.3.14. do we have any recommended solution for that?

looks like a global problem with this model. anyone have any solution?

mbleamer1
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same issue with both the RV042 and RV042G models.  The issue just started today, but we have at least a dozen routers with this issue.  All are using the latest firmware, v4.2.3.14.  Hoping someone has a valid suggestion, or at least an answer on why/how this issue suddenly affected so many devices.

Mike

We have the same issue with both the RV042 and RV042G models.  The issue just started today

SergioA
Level 1
Level 1

We have same issue on 7 rv042. Any solution?

manueldobarro
Level 1
Level 1

In my case, the device restarts all the time and does not give rise to a firmware upgrade, even with the interfaces turned off or with all the features low. Changing the date did not work either to stabilize it. I am with 17 RV042 with the same problem.

SergioA
Level 1
Level 1
In my case I lose Lan and Wan connectivity after 1 minute. It hangs totally and I have to turn it off and on.
There is no time to update the Firmware. Same in 7 rv042. Tested with Wan disconnected, and new power supplies. Tested with Wan disconnected, and new power supplies

DanielBernal
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same problem with 7 RV042G, the issue starts today too.

We need solution

We have 20 rv42g in production, and last week we had to replace 10, this is crazy. we need a solution. cisco.

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This has been addressed to Cisco TAC engineers and is currently being investigating. Please go ahead and open a ticket by contacting any of the phones below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Thanks

I have been told by Cisco support that we first need to renew our support for these devices before they can open a ticket. 

So no. 

biuro spin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

rv042g ,firmware 4.2.3.14.

MT

biuro spin
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

https://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-rv-overflow-ghZP68yj

after factory reset my router keeps rebooting every 60 seconds.

does anyone know how to work around this problem?