Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV120W VLAN settings

d.herremans
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I have problems to configure my cisco RV120w vpn router.

I'ame installing a new network. On port 1 my modem is connected from my ISS provider. On port 2 a HP proliant SBS 2011 in connected. On port 3 the same server for specific building aplications. on the 4th port i have mede a connection with the existing network.

Everywone needs to have acces to port 1 for internet and port 2 because this is the active directory server. Some people need also have access to the 3. Same for port 4.

The Vlan membership is configured like this:

VLAN:Enable
Create VLANs and assign the Outgoing Frame Type.

Up to Four new VLANs can be created. VLAN IDs must be in the range (2..4094)

VLAN Membership Table

VLAN IDDescriptionInter VLAN RoutingDevice ManagementPort 1Port 2Port 3Port 4
1DefaultEnabledEnabledUntaggedUntaggedUntaggedUntagged
2SBS2011EnabledEnabledTaggedTaggedTaggedTagged
3SBS2011BDisabledEnabledTaggedTaggedTaggedTagged
4InterdioDisabledDisabledTaggedTaggedTaggedTagged

1 - 4 of 4

Multiple VLAN Subnets

Multiple VLAN Subnet Table

VLAN IDIP AddressSubnet MaskDHCP ModeDNS Proxy Status
1192.9.212.1255.255.255.0DHCP noneEnabled
2192.9.222.1255.255.255.0DHCP relayEnabled
3192.9.232.1255.255.255.0DHCP noneEnabled
4192.168.124.1255.255.255.0DHCP noneEnabled

Can anywone help my to configure this correct.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To get the LAN communication to work a couple things look like they need a small change.

Port 1 should be untagged vlan 1

Port 2 should be untagged vlan 2

Port 3 should be untagged vlan 3

Port 4 should be untagged vlan 4

In addition, the inter-vlan routing should be enabled for your vlan 3 and vlan 4.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Danny, Honestly I do not understand what is happening here.

I have problems to configure my cisco RV120w vpn router.

I'ame  installing a new network. On port 1 my modem is connected from my ISS  provider.

A modem should be connected to the internet port.

On port 2 a HP proliant SBS 2011 in connected. On port 3 the  same server for specific building aplications. on the 4th port i have  mede a connection with the existing network.

This is fine, no problems.

Everywone  needs to have acces to port 1 for internet

This can't work, internet won't work through Port 1 unless that is somehow connecting to other router.

and port 2 because this is  the active directory server. Some people need also have access to the 3.  Same for port 4.

That's fine, sure.

Right now, the entire LAN is on the 192.9.212.1 network. This is indicative by the vlan membership table showing vlan 1 untagged, all other vlan's tagged. If you want vlan 2, vlan 3 and vlan 4 to be respective to the ports, each vlan needs to be untagged respective to their vlan. As example, port 2 should be vlan 2 untagged. Port 3 should be vlan 3 untagged and port 4 vlan 4 untagged.

But, this leaves port 1. What is this? Is this a normal internet modem? Normally a modem connects to the internet port. If you don't connect a modem to the internet port, there needs to be a router somewhere that does your NAT to have the internet work correctly.

Here is a diagram, the only change I made from how I interpret your post, I moved your port 1 connect to the internet port due to the keyword modem. None the less, based off your original post, there is nothing connecting to the internet port which is a bit different.

-Tom

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

I did explane it wrong. Port 1 is free. De modem is connected to de Wan port.

Thank you for the explanasion.

One thing that i dont understand is how i configere the permision. For example. Al users wil be in te vlan of the second port. How con i give permision for a user to accses the server on te 3 port? Or on the 3 and 4 port.

Thanks

To get the LAN communication to work a couple things look like they need a small change.

Port 1 should be untagged vlan 1

Port 2 should be untagged vlan 2

Port 3 should be untagged vlan 3

Port 4 should be untagged vlan 4

In addition, the inter-vlan routing should be enabled for your vlan 3 and vlan 4.

-Tom