cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV120W VPN Configuration Issues

billmonnes1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm working as a contractor for a local company, and I've inherited their RV120W. Up until very recently, the VPN was functioning just fine, but completely stopped before I began work here. Unfortunately, there is no documentation from the previous admin, so I am lost as far as the settings that I might need to apply to get the VPN up and running again. I'm trying to set it up for client connectivity. What should I be using for the remote and local gateways? Local Lan IP Address?

5 Replies 5

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Bill,

What client do you plan to use? For QuickVPN all that is needed is a Username and Password.

- Marty

I am using QuickVPN, but a server name is still required.

johnmartinsfl
Level 1
Level 1

Having the same issue myself, manual is useless and it seems lots of other people have had this issue.  I hope someone has a detailed way to get this going.   I feel like there is one small piece that I'm not configuring right but there is no way to know how to do it properly.   As with other settings on this router, it's hit or miss on getting things working and configured right.

Very frustrating.

Icon-Connect
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here on an RV180. You can select to use an IP address rather than a domain name but it still doesn't work.

I have static IP's at each end and have tried AnyConnect, EasyVPN and SSL VPN's, none of which I can get going at all.

I wish there was a CLI for the RV series routers 'cos the web interface is definitely NOT intuitive, and the help files NOT helpful!

Looking forward to a response on this before I return it as not fit for the purpose and use something else.

anmayfie
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Bill,

I have found some articles that might assist you in configuring your VPN to work properly.

Basic Virtual Private Network (VPN) Configuration on RV120W and RV220W

Quick Virtual Private Network (VPN) setup on RV220W and RV120W

I hope these help,

Andrew Mayfield