cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042G with two PPPoE Connections

jschwitalla
Level 1
Level 1

We have the RV042G now for about one Month and have a strange Problem. We have to PPPoE Connections with Connection Termination after 24 Hours. The WAN1 still makes an autoredial and everythink works fine but on WAN2 you allways need to Click on "Connect". Both Connection have the same Settings instead of the Connection Credentials, our problem is das WAN2 is the Connection with a Static IP provided via PPPoE so everytime after 24 Hours all Systems are not reachable until someone clicks on Connect.

Is there a new Firmware planned to fix? It looks like several People have the Problem but no one really have solution for it?

The Router has the following Firmware Version: v4.2.2.08 (Apr 26 2013 19:12:26) and the PIV VID: RV042G V01

Cheers,

Jens

2 Replies 2

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Customer,

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Community.

It's been a few days since you posted your inquiry with no answer from none of the community members yet, therefore I encourage you to contact the Small Business Support Center directly and have an engineer look at your case;

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

I wish we could be a better help for you where I personally have no idea how to proceed, but please contact support directly where I am sure we'll provide you an accurate answer.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

Strange.  Have you tried swapping the config for wan1 and wan2?  If it's an issue with just wan2, this may fix it.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com