cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV130 - Speed Issues

JPardee
Level 1
Level 1

I have been chasing my tail on an issue related to download speeds over my network.

I'm working with Spectrum 100mb internet service with a supported Arris SB6183 modem.

Following the modem is my router - Netgear JGS516PE PoE Switch - Ruckus ZoneDirector 1100 - (3) Ruckus 7982 Wireless Access Points

I initially had a cheap Netgear WNDR3700v4 consumer grade router on my network, but I was experiencing some issues with streaming. Speed tests show 100+Mbps Down / 10+Mbps Up.

I had a Cisco RV082 router sitting around, so I decided to replace the Netgear with the Cisco.
After connecting the RV082 to the network, download speeds were quite diminished and hanging between 20-40Mbps Down.

I then replaced the RV082 with a RV130 and ran into the same issue.
Plugging a PC directly into the RV130 yields 100+Mbps download speeds.

I would like to troubleshoot the RV130 and get it working properly.
I've updated the firmware, performed a factory reset, and adjusted many settings suggested by other forum threads, but no luck (QoS, MTU, WAN / LAN Port Configurations..etc.)

I'm no Cisco expert, but I can follow instructions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Plugging a PC directly into the RV130 yields 100+Mbps download speeds.

BB - this means from the port of RV130 works as expected,

Then you need to draw a network diagram, how is other devices connected (which has issue)

Couple of tips :

1.  check the cables connected from RV to Device

2. Make sure it auto negotiating with correct speed.

in case required RV admin guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv130w/admin_guide/en/rv130w_admin_en.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help