Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO RV320 openvpn can't access from LAN to connected client

miguelsc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I'm trying to connect from a server inside the LAN to a client connected through the VPN. I could see that when I go to the "view routes" in the router there are no routes for going to the range in which I have created the VPN users. 

I don't know how to add the router in regards of default router or interface. I only see devices LAN and WAN and I was expecting a TAP or similar. 

Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Steve6353
Level 1
Level 1
I am having the same issue with my rv320 and openvpn I see after it connects my openvpn client (Android phone) is given a ip 172.30.0.6 and a default gateway of 172.30.0.5
Im connected and have internet through the VPN but can not access or ping anything on my lan. I'm not sure where the default gateway is issued to client as 172.30.0.5 but I can not ping it from the rv320

Steve6353
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same issue, was connected, had internet through the VPN and everything connection wise looked good. I could not ping or access anything on my lan. 

I now have the issue solved. No routes are needed. 

My issue was the security IP in the advanced options in the OpenVPN server settings page. It appears that this network will be used as your next hop network for routing when the IP is issued on connection. 

The default was 192.168.11.0 

I have 5 vlans on an 192.11.10.0, 192.11.11.0,  192.11.12.0 etc. 

I set the security ip to 192.11.0.0 with subnet 255.255.0.0

all is working good now I can access everything on my LAN through the different subnets. I noted when I changed to 102.11.10.0 with mask 255.255.255.0 I could only access that network.

Hope that helps this was my first time with OpenVPN server 

Hi

Sorry for leaving this unactive, but I still have the problem

It is not the problems you give in you answers. From the client I can connect to all VLANs without a problem. 

My problem is the other way around. I want to connect from a server in the LAN to a VPN connected client. I hope this clarify and somebody can give me an answer.