Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV325 issue with dual WAN routing

s.barkow1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, we are using a RV325 with the following network setup:

WAN1 is the way to the internet gateway, all traffic internet<->LAN should go here.

WAN2 is the way to another VPN router, only traffic to certain subnets should go here.

Static routes are put in place for the subnets behind WAN2. Routing mode is "Gateway", as "Router" works even worse as we tested.

"Load balancing" is on, despite we don't want this, but there is no other option.

DHCP is in server mode, with "DNS proxy" setting.

Issue:

Name resolution on the RV325 towards the internet doesn't work, hence all LAN clients can't access the internet. During our testing, it sometimes seem to work for a short period, which leads to the point of load balancing maybe being the problem here.
Anyone here who can help with this and maybe has the same setup?

Cheers

3 Replies 3

s.barkow1
Level 1
Level 1

Another question: Is it possible to tell the RV325 which interface to use as the default internet route?

Hello s.barkow1,

Thank you for visiting the Cisco Support Community!

I have found the following article regarding Dual WAN Configuration on RV320 and RV325 VPN Router Series to possibly assist you. 

If this post was helpful, please remember to mark this question as resolved to help others in the community. If you have any further questions regarding Cisco’s small business products, please do not hesitate to ask!

Best,

LP

Lee Cox
Level 2
Level 2

When I had trouble with my RV320 router it was because I did not have ACLs setup for static routes to allow traffic out.  I believe everything is blocked going out. I would check your ACLs to make to sure they are setup for all networks out or add the networks you need to go out.