cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV345 - DHCP, VLAN Inter-VLAN routing configuration.

Parth Maniar
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup VLANs and inter-VLAN routing with DHCP being handled by a RPi running Pi.Hole. -- on my Cisco RV345

I need help with the following:

1. I am planning to have a separate VLAN (ID: 10) to host the routing infrastructure, this VLAN will host the DHCP server. I want all hosts on different VLANs to use this IP as the DHCP server.
    1. Is this possible to have a single DHCP server for multiple (over 10) VLANs.
    2. What will be the port setting where this DHCP server will be connected - Tagged, Untagged or Excluded.
    3. I've set static DHCP entry for this server and it will always have the same IP.
  2. There is a requirement to have 2 servers with link aggregation on different VLANs
    1. I have added both ports to a LAG group, do I need to do anything else?
    2. How do I ensure two MAC addresses have the same IP? (or will the LAG setting will do it)
  3. I have a wireless router that I will change to an access-point.
    1. How do I get the VLANs to work across wireless too?
    2. Wi-Fi router has an option called - VLAN / Bridge setting 
      1. It allows me to give VLAN ID to a port with priority setting.
        1. I am able to assign multiple VLAN ID to the same LAN port and to Wi-Fi.
    3. What should be the port setting on the Cisco RV345 router? - Tagged, Untagged or Excluded. 

Here is my previous post

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

MAke sure Pi sit in one of the VLAN or Management VLAN to service DHCP and other services.

rest of the VLAN will be configured based on the requirement. make sure you configure helper-address to get DHCP from Pi

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/1393-Inter-VLAN-Routing-with-Targeted-ACL-Restrictions.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help