cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RVS4000 - QuickVPN wont connect Windows 8

lee
Level 1
Level 1

We are using QuickVPN to connect to our Cisco RVS400 router, however since upgrading to Windows 8 I cannot get it to connect.

I have tried enabling PPTP, L2TP and GRE both in and out but it just goes through the connection process and eventually times out Verifying Network.

We're using using PPTP, its not been a problem on other versions of Windows with Exception to Windows 7 where you get the issue that the firewall has to be enabled.

I'm using the latest QuickVPN client 1.4.2.1

The router is running firmware version 1.3.1.0

I have also tried running the client as Administrator; system also has UAC turned off and is running as an a member of the Administrator group.

And also have tried running in Compatibility mode Windows 7 without any success.

I would be very greatful for any help.

TIA

Lee.

17 Replies 17

Hi Everyone,

Try this one, it worked for me, under Administrative Tools > Services, Stop "Windows Defender Service"

Regards,

Wendell

I am having the same problem with Windows 7. It had been working but due to a series of bad downloads I had to make changes. Now I only get as far as Ronald when trying to connect. Have no idea what change caused the problem of not getting an option to ignore the certificate warning. Any help out there?

alexclipper
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know, that what solved it for me on Windows 8 was changing the compatibility mode to Win7 and enabling ICMP exempt under Windows Firewall -> IPSec settings.