cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SRP527 Router - End of Life

Feeras54
Level 1
Level 1

The model of Cisco SRP527 Router that we currently use and resell the most has an end of life

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10907/ps10500/end_of_life_notice_c51-728170.html

What is more concerning is that there will be no replacement equivalent.

Is there any plans from Cisco to bring Small business Router with ADSL2 Modem

I believe the Cisco 800 is too overkill for Small business and without the GUI interface it leaves only me able to configure them, which I dont want.

Does any have a better solution for me?

2 Replies 2

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Feeras,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

Unfortunately none of the Small Business series routers have an integrated xDSL interface, still capable on PPPoE WAN configuration but you would need to connect through a xDSL modem. For a built in xDSL interface router I suggest you looking at the 800 series ISR routers.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/solutions/small_business/products/routers_switches/index.html

Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Hi Jeffrey

Thank you for your reply.

I was afraid the Cisco 800 series was my only option now for xDSL interface.

It leaves me to be the only one able to configure these routers through CLI,

with the SRP527 I was about to get my level 1/2 guys to configure the routers through the web interface.

it was very easy for them after a little training.

what is the best way or product to help me allow basic troubleshooting be preformed by level1/2 without having to rely on CLI commands.

I don't want to go with linksys based on this support requirement of the business.

Feeras