cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring SSLVPN on an RV430 Small Business Router

c0ldslither
Level 1
Level 1

We just purchased an RV430 for one of our clients to replace some old gear. One of the reasons was to set up VPN access for their employees (they have a lot of engineers in the field).

I found the documentation and went through the setup. There's not a lot too it. Basically, you can set up the endpoint and set an address pool (the DHCP scope for the VPN clients). They expressly say it can't overlap with any scopes on your configured VLANs. The addressing options are limited (you can only enter it as a network and choose from 3 netmasks-.0,.128 or .192).

According to the documentation, it should just handle the routing. I'm able to connect with the client but can't see anything on the internal VLAN other than the router itself. I don't have split tunneling enabled (found a Cisco support post somewhat similar to my issue and they recommended disabling the split tunnel).

I'm assuming I need a static route from the VPN subnet to the internal VLAN, but it's odd it implies that you shouldn't. Even so, if I need a route I'm not sure how to create it, since there is no other router (it's "routing" to itself).

So this is basically my setup:

VLAN1: 192.168.10.0/24

SSLVPN Pool: 192.168.11.0/24

If I have to add a static route, what would that even look like? Or am I missing something obvious? I called this morning to open a support case but was told my profile was incomplete and to call back later.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have ACL/ ACP  for the VPN users IP range to access local resources ?

post the screenshot to understand the config.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

No, I don't. I didn't see anywhere that it was required. The one other post I read implied no other config was necessary.

I can certainly add them if I understand what the rule should look like.

VPN3.PNGVPN2.PNGvpn1.PNG