Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect RV325 to Verizon USB730L Primary WAN connection

I am trying to connect my RV325 to a USB730L from Verizon as a primary WAN. I've tried a handful of configurations for the APN and dial number, typically APN of vzwinternet and *99# as dial number, but also tried leaving dial number blank. So far the USB1 light on the RV325 has not even turned on. The modem is working fine on my PC, and is set to auto-connect without any sd card pin. On the RV325 GUI, it says USB1 is not available. Thanks for your help!

5 Replies 5

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Alan,

The USB730L is officially supported USB dongle (https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv320/USB_Compatibility_Matrix/Rv320x_compatibility_matrix.pdf ) so there should be no problems connecting to the ISP network. What is the information provided by your service provider? Is it only a PIN or PIN with APN name? Is it a Dial number only or a combination of both? What settings did you use when connected to the PC? What is the USB Connection Status (on your "network settings" menu) when the dongle is plugged in? if the USB led is off that basically means the 3G/4G dongle is not recognized. 

Regards,

Martin

Dann0
Level 1
Level 1

Replying to a 2 year old topic but I recently find myself in the same situation. The default dial number is *99#, all other fields default as blank. I'm not sure that these settings are appropriate after watching the Cisco video on YouTube. (https://youtu.be/RXerRGEZFEI)  It appears that the dial number is filled in along with a username and password although for obvious reasons, all are blanked out. The video does not specify the carrier and I'm sure each carrier might have their own settings. The 730 works out of the box with no modifications when plugged into a Windows laptop. I would suspect it should act the same when plugged into the RV. I have the same issue, the USB led does not light (either USB1 or USB2 when plugged into either) but on the status page it shows the USB port as connected. Does anyone know what the settings on the USB page under Setup/Network should be? Specifically for Verizon.

I ended up having to get a different setup, never got this to work. Sorry!

Thank you for the update. I'm about to throw in the towel on this setup. Moved to rural America with quite the network gear investment thinking this to be a no brainer with minimal additional investment. Now I'm looking at Cellular routers along with a mesh system. You wouldn't happen to have any recommendations would you?

Just sent you a PM.