cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP Problems for some wired clients RV260W Router

hyperloop
Level 1
Level 1

DHCP (for wired connections) has been unreliable or 100% never working for a couple of devices on my LAN. 

I confirmed that these same devices receive an IP address just fine from an older router that is being replaced by the RV260W.

Wireless connections have not had any problems with DHCP, as far as I can tell.

Device #1: iSmartAlarm CubeOne, it won't come online, and it does not receive an IP from the RV260W. I plug it into the old router with the same cables, and it comes online right away.

Device #2: Dell E-Port Replicator with USB 3.0 (laptop docking station), this one is strange, because sometimes, it works, but most of the time it does not. The pattern I noticed is that if the laptop is open when I dock it, the laptop will sometimes get an IP address. If the laptop is closed when docked, it never gets an IP. On the old router, it received an IP address consistently either way.

The Dell laptop seems to consistently get an IP address if I bypass the docking station and plug directly into the router.

I've tried to reset the router to the factory defaults, but the problem remains. 

The firmware version I'm on is 1.0.00.15

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Update: After performing a hard reset (using the "RESET" button on the router), DHCP began to work again for all devices. I guess doing a factory reset from the web GUI wasn't enough.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hello,

Could you provide output from

show running-config?
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

I'm not able to access via SSH, only HTTP, so I can't run that command. Any idea how I can enable SSH on this device? From the web GUI, it allows me to download a .xml file containing configuration info.

Please, attach this file here.
Jaderson Pessoa

It looks like the site does not let me upload the .xml file, I don't know if screen shots would help.

sorry hear it. Try attach the screen of interfaces configuration.
Jaderson Pessoa

I attached the ports config.

Thanks in advance.
There is vlan in your network?

How many address are available on your dhcp server?
Jaderson Pessoa

I only have the default VLAN. (VLAN1) Looks like 50 addresses available in DHCP, but I only have around 10 devices that need an IP assigned. 

your configuration is very simple and is configured correctly.

try upgrade the firmware: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/routers/rv260w-wireless-ac-vpn-router/model.html.

Maybe it is a bug of software. If possible, try to configure your dhcp on other device.
Jaderson Pessoa

Update: After performing a hard reset (using the "RESET" button on the router), DHCP began to work again for all devices. I guess doing a factory reset from the web GUI wasn't enough.

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, you will not be able to access the router via ssh. Please contact the Cisco support team 

https://community.cisco.com/t5/regional-service-support-options/bd-p/4626-discussions-smb-support-country

They will be able to to tell you how to get the info.

Best

Jo