Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dualwan conf RV042

Hello all,

i have two locations connected with a Wifi link.

On location A, i have internet and a network 192.168.1.0

On location B, i have intenret and a network 10.20.10.0

On location A, the antenna can be connected directly on the network therefore it has IP 192.168.1.5.

On location B, the antenna is connected on a RV042 router on WAN 2. WAN 1 is for internet.

If i use loadbalance, i can ping from location B to location A BUT i have internet also from location B.

What i need is access from A to B and vice versa BUT internet from and location is am at that time.

What i must do?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Demetris, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community.

I appreciate that you came to the forum to ask, in order to help you, could you be more specific, or provide us more details regarding your topology, and what do you want to do? That information will be appreciated.

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hello Johnnatan,

i created a draft drow. I was thinking on it and searching and searching.

The requirement is the communication between the two LANs however both sides MUST have internet through their own Gateway.

Note that the IPs of the antennas do not affect the communication. The link looks like a simple cable.

I was thinking to add a static route on R1 saying that for 10.20.10.0 mask 255.255.255.0 next hop 192.168.1.6

and on R2 static route for 192.168.1.0

255.255.255.0 next hop 192.168.1.1 interface Wan 2. Also on R2 Primary interface to be Wan 1.

What do you think?

thanks

Hi Demetris.

If I am right you want to interconnect both networks using the antennas, Am I right?.

The statics routes sounds great, if that doesn´t work you can  implement a site-to-site vpn´s between your Router, in this way you can interconnect them through Internet in a safe way.I hope you can implement your ideas and hopefully you can implement everything in a very efficient way.

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.