cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FTTH support by cisco RV325 series

Savvi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, anyone knows if FTTH is supported by Cisco RV325?

I saw in the ISP specifications it needs

WAN interface of type di Ethernet Full-Duplex Auto-Sensing supporting Ethernet 802.1qprotocol

Configuration settings requires

• Username:
  • Password:
  • Protocollo: PPPoE Routed (defined as RFC 2516);
  • Encapsulation: VLAN Ethernet 802.1q;
  • NAT: active;
  • VLAN: 835

At the moment I am not able to connect with the ISP setting the configuaration.

I know it works with Eolo (FWA) as it is the wan1 connection and it works. With the "obtains an IP automatically" the WAN2 works cabled to the router of the ISP, but this is not what I need.

Thank you for support

Vittorio

3 Replies 3

pieterh
VIP
VIP

if you mean if the RV325 can serve directly as ONT device ? FTTH Solution - Fiber To The Home Network (unitekfiber.com)
-> I don't think so, the datasheet mentions no ONT model
there is a special series of switches to do that Switches - Cisco Catalyst PON Series - Cisco

of course it can be connected behind the ONT device from your provider

Savvi
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the answer.

I am not expert about that, but I think the ONT device is already there by provider (Huawei HG8010) and I connected the router thru the rj45 to this device.

The probem seems to be the VLAN 835 requested by the provider that does not appear in the configuration settings of the router

Someone wrote that it is possibile doing something, connecting the WAN to the LAN that manage the specific VLAN . But I did not understand how to do that

tony2022
Level 1
Level 1

if you mean if the RV325 can serve directly as ONT device ? FTTH Solution - Fiber To The Home Network (telhua.com)
-> I don't think so, the datasheet mentions no ONT model
there is a special series of switches to do that Switches - Cisco Catalyst PON Series - Cisco

of course it can be connected behind the ONT device from your provider