Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway to Gateway - With Two RV082 Devices - One Static one Dynamic

makotocole5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco,

I have two Cisco RV8082 Routers which I would like to setup a VPN Tunnel with Gateway to Gateway.  One location is a static IP Address.  The other location is a dynamic IP address.

1. Can someone let me know if this is setup is possible.
  2. Can someone give me a brief walk through or point me in the right direction on how to set this up. 

Thanks so much for the Cisco Support.

2 Replies 2

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

The administration guide has an appendix showing an config example just like what you want to do.

blwright
Level 1
Level 1

Makoto,

below is a link to the admin as well as the steps for setting up the gateway to gateway tunnel. The section you are looking for starts on page 160.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rv0xx/administration/guide/rv0xx_AG_78-19576.pdf

If you are having issues after going through the steps below please call 1.866.606.1866 and open a support ticket.

Blake Wright

Cisco SBSC Network Engineer

STEP 1 Connect a PC to the router (Site A), and start the web-based configuration utility.

STEP 2 Enter a name in the Tunnel Name field.

STEP 3 Select the appropriate Interface, WAN1 or WAN2.

STEP 4 Check Enable.

STEP 5 For the Local Security Gateway Type, select IP Only. The WAN IP address of the

Site A router will be automatically detected.

STEP 6 For the Local Security Group Type, select Subnet. Enter the Site A router’s local

network settings in the IP Address and Subnet Mask fields.

STEP 7 For the Remote Security Gateway Type, select Dynamic IP + Domain Name

(FQDN) Authentication, and then enter the domain name of the Site B router. In our

example, we would enter MyBusiness.DynDNS.org.

Alternatively, choose Dynamic IP+ Email Address (User FQDN) Authentication,

and then enter any email address.

STEP 8 For the Remote Security Group Type, select Subnet. Enter the local network

settings of the Site B router in the IP Address and Subnet Mask fields.

STEP 9 In the IPSec Setup section, select the appropriate encryption, authentication, and

other key management settings. (These should match the settings of the Site B

router.)

STEP 10 In the Preshared Key field, enter a string for this key, for example, 13572468.

STEP 11 If you need more detailed settings, click Advanced. Otherwise, click Save.

STEP 12 Verify that the computers at Site A and the computers at Site B can ping one

another (refer to Windows Help for more information). If they can ping each other,

then the VPN tunnel is configured correctly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: