cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GUI: Port traffic issue

tyshawn76
Level 1
Level 1

I was looking at the GUI after the latest update of my RV340 and I found that WAN 2 is showing a ton of traffic even though I don't have anything plugged into that port. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 7.12.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 7.09.21 AM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Save the config and reload the device and check. (it show down, so may be thinking OLD data).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I can't see much traffic in your screenshot...

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

tyshawn76
Level 1
Level 1

I think my question is why is there any traffic at all when that port has never been active since I've owned the router. Also if you look the packets received and sent are really close to WAN 1.

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 7.36.29 AM.png

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Save the config and reload the device and check. (it show down, so may be thinking OLD data).

BB

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It might be a bug, although haven’t seen such an issue when looked through the database. Is that statistic constant even after reload?

tyshawn76
Level 1
Level 1

Based on the 5 minutes of looking the reload and reboot looks to have fixed the issue. Now off to see why SNMP isn't working with PRTG.

Thanks all.

tyshawn76
Level 1
Level 1

Well after a few days the issue is back.

Can you swap the WAN connections so that to have the WAN2 active instead of WAN1 and see if WAN1 will behave the same way?

You may need to call TAC for further assistance. There is really not much we could help here.

I believe you tried best to self resolve, rather spend more time, i would go to TAC to resolve before it get worst and loose all the config.

BB