cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help me please re: replacement for wrsv4400n

burtoncharles
Level 1
Level 1

To start........I am a big CISCO fan.  Been using wrsv4400n, has been a wonderful piece of equipment.  I understand that product life is ending and I am confused on what to replace with.  Would like something with all capabilities or better.  A Cisco employee said try RV180W, but that seems to be a step down in some ways?

I need 4 port switch, port forwarding that will allow 2 Windows RDP connections, strong wireless, VPN, selectable dual band wireless access point for mutiple wireless connections, Firewall, If possible protection against virus/trojan, IPV4 and IPV6 capability.

What model should I buy?

For antivirus/trojan, should I simply manage antivirus on a number of different computers in LAN or is there a router with capability or should I get a security appliance + a router?

Thank you for your help.

Charley

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Charles, the RV180 and RV180W were designed to replace the RVS4000 and WRVS4400N routers.

-Tom
Please rate helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

RV220W supports selectable dual band WiFi, and has higher horse power for VPN than WRVS4400N.

RV220W supports ProtectLink Web Protection service (URL filtering + web reputation), but it does not support anti-virus.