Views
Helpful
Replies

Host-based Port forwarding with a RV220W

patrikalienus
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have recently separated a few sites that I operate, into multiple virtual machines, all with their own IP.

Basically, site A is located on for instance www.siteA.com, Site B is located on blog.domain.com etc etc. So my question is, how do I (with the Cisco

RV220W), forward port 80 based on host?

If someone goes to a.domain.com I want to forward them to 192.168.111.31

If someone goes to b.domain.com I want to forward them to 192.168.111.32

for instance.

Thanks for the help.

3 Replies 3

Brian Ng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Patrik,

The way to get port forwarding to work on the RV220W is to set a "custom service" for port 80 with TCP. Now you will need to create an "IPv4 firewall Rules" under firewall using that custom service for port 80. Also "custom service" is listed somewhere under the firewall tab. Once you are in the "IPv4 Firewall Rules," All traffic from WAN to LAN and choose your "custom service with port 80" and then "Allow Always" and finally set the ip address of 192.168.111.xx in the "DNAT IP" line. Once you have saved your settings, you should be able to forward port 80 to 192.168.111.xx. I could be using a different firmware and the name of "IPv4 Firewall Rules" might be different. I hope this was able to help you. Please respond back if you still need more assistance.

Thanks,

Brian Ng

I'm sorry, but did you even read my question?

Port Forwarding is not the issue. It's Host-Based Port Forwarding that I need to understand how to do.

Hello Patrik,

You would need multiple outside ip's that both host A.domain.com and host B.domain.com would point to or have A records for. Once the separate outside pubic IP hits the router it would forward that outside ip to an inside ip you set, but it would have to be two different outside IP's.

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security