cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Configure RV320 for IPoE?

Chok Ho
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Guys, My ISP uses IPoE but I can't seem to find this connection method under WAN. Is there any way I can manually configure this? Or what alternatives do I have? Thanks in advanced!
4 Replies 4

skippyyyy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

My new ISP also uses IPoE protocol. Unlike PPPoE you do not need to provide credentials to connect. So just set the WAN connection type to "Obtain an IP automatically"

Hi Skippyyyy,

Thanks for your advice.  I've tried that already, but it doesn't work.  I've also tried that with mac address cloning and also didn't work.  The WAN status keeps showing "Connected (Inactive)".

My ISP uses VLAN tagging, should i get that setup first before connecting to it?

Any idea?

Thanks again!

Hi Guys,

Anyone can advise me on this?  I'm pretty much still stuck at the same place.

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

As I understand your modem is in bridge mode and you need to make the internet public IP configuration on RV320 directly.

If you connect a PC, directly to the modem, on the place of RV320, can you configure it to receive internet connectivity? Normaly if on the PC you have internet, than RV320 with the same configuration also should have internet

Apart from that, if your provider is requesting in the WAN configuration to be also configured VLAN number- this feature is not supported by RV320

Regards,

Kremena