Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure the router in following configuration

hatsal101
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir

Can I get some tip how to configure WRT54GC compact Router if the data should be configured to flow 

from PC1 through Switch to Router and then to PC2 back through Switch in the following configuration?

(PC1) -------------------(SW)--------------------(Router)

HD:   10.14.40.10/16            |

G/W: 10.14.40.1                  |

|

(PC2) ---------------------|

HD:   10.14.50.10/16

G/W: 10.14.50.1

That's,  the data flow is PC1 -> SW -> Router -> SW -> PC2.

I think that Router has to have both routing of 10.14.40.1 & 10.14.50.1, but how should I configure the router?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

HJ,

First, i didn't think the WRT series consumer routers support multiple vlans. You should think about upgraded to a small business router that does

Link to Small Business Routers -   http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/solutions/small_business/products/routers_switches/small_business_routers/index.html

You are posting your question on Small Business Support forum , so will answer as if was one of our routers. With multiple vlans you would need to make sure (intervlan routing is enabled).

That being said: Nothing to be done on the router itself since this is a consumer device.

If you are looking just to make each pc to talk to each other, then you can go under your advance TCP/IP properties,-- (this will only work if both pc is set up as a static)

under advance IP settings add another ip address under here and both pc should be able to talk with each other.This should be done on both PC's.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer

.:|:.:|;.