cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to reset a password for another username then "admin"

eocula
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm working in IT for many years. I have a broad range of experience in many topics. But my Cisco IOS command-line knowledge is very minimum. As I have to use it only once a year or so.

My problem is : 

I have a Cisco-881 router, already for 3-4 years.

I can access it via telnet/putty. I do know the admin-password. So no issus for general configuration, .. through command-line interface.

But : I ever created a new username ("ciscogui") with the intention to use it to do at least some modifications to the router through the GUI-interface instead of through IOS command-line commands.

But I forget to write down the password, or the password is expired , or username disabled, or whatever. Anyway, I cannot login to the GUI anynore

Now I'm looking for a way, through a telnet/putty-session and the command-line interface to :

(1) make that "ciscogui" login working again;

or

(2) create a new user (like "ciscogui2" with a certain password) so I can finally use the GUI-interface again.

Can somebody please guide me on how to do this ?

Mant thanks

eocula

2 Replies 2

ktonev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The ISR series routers are not considered a Small Business router (such as the RV series) so I can suggest to post your question in the main Routing section to get an answer quicker.

Thanks!

Hi ktonev, 

can you please guide my how I can post my issue again in the "main Routing section" ?

Many thanks