cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating SPA122ATA with RV345

parkernathan
Level 1
Level 1

We are moving from a Cambium Networks router with an integrated ATA to a combination of a Cisco RV345 router and a Cisco SPA122 ATA around March. The ATA will be used to power our VOIP since we're still on analog phones connected to the ATA (we have a SIP trunk with Nuso, formerly SoTel). 

Last time I configured a Cisco RV345/SPA122 ATA combo together with a SIP trunk from SoTel, there was an issue with the firewall on the RV345 causing a time out issue that would drop the connection to the ATA during a VOIP call after around 20 minutes. 

Could someone tell me some recommended firewall adjustment settings I could try when I setup and integrate the SPA122 ATA with the RV345 to avoid this occurring? I'll likely put the ATA in the DMZ on the router, plus I may need to make some router firewall adjustments.

I also plan to place the SPA122 ATA on its own separate voice VLAN (probably VLAN 2), plus adjust the QoS settings to prioritize voice traffic. I configured these in the past, but I may need a refresher on them. I do have an active service contract on the RV345, so I could open a ticket with TAC to walk me through it if need be. I also need to get Wireshark installed on my systems.

Eventually, I may move to the ATA191, but I already have a spare SPA122 ATA, so I'd like to get a little more use out of it if possible.

Thanks!

Nathan Parker
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

parkernathan
Level 1
Level 1

This issue is resolved. The ATA has incorrect DNS settings, that once adjusted, caused the timeout issue to no longer occur.

Nathan Parker

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

parkernathan
Level 1
Level 1

This issue is resolved. The ATA has incorrect DNS settings, that once adjusted, caused the timeout issue to no longer occur.

Nathan Parker