Views
Helpful
Replies

ISA570W cannot use 1000M / Full

nielsentonni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have some issue with a newly purchased ISA 570W; we are moving from a Cisco RV220W to this new ISA570W but the WAN interface will not

auto negotiate on 1000 Mbit. It is only possible to forced it for 100 Mbit, but then the Internet connection is really slow (properly collision) 5 to 6 mbit up and download on a 200 Mbit ISP connection.

Please help, I have no idea what cources this problem, our "old" RV220W run auto negotiate 1000 mbit FULL on the WAN interfaces and we have no issues with the bandwidth on this box.

4 Replies 4

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Tonni,

Thank you for reaching The Small Business Support Community.

Iif you go to the Networking > Ports > Physical Interface page to view information about all physical ports, you should be able to edit the speed and duplex settings on all ports.

Pretty much your problem can be solved by enabling LAN QoS and WRR keeping the default settings.

Just in case here is the link with the admin guide if you require better details on how to do the above.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/small_business_security/isa500/administration/guide/ISA500_AG_OL-23370.pdf

Please do not hesitate to reach me back if anything comes up and/or if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Hi Jeffrey,

Many thanks for your response.

I think this problem is how ISA570 makes it auto negotiation and not about QoS and round WRR, but anyway I have followed your instructions whit out any success – QoS is enable with default value and WWR is set to 100.

I have tried to connect the ISA570 behind the Cisco RV220W and here works the auto negotiation fine (1000/full) as soon I connect it directly to our ISP port, the interface wont auto negotiation 1000/full – only if I forced it to 100/full, and here is the bandwidth incredible slow. I've tried to connect multiple devices directly to our ISP in addition to Cisco RV220W like Linksys, Apple time machine and Cisco 860 all of these devices auto negotiation on 1000/full.

What is my next step?

Hello Tonni,

I understand the QoS or WRR should not be related to an auto-negotiation issue on WAN port but since I've seen that before fixing similar performance issues I suggested you to give it a try, unfortunately with no success.

A few other things I think of; first a MTU size test to determine that the default "Auto MTU" feature is what you should be using on this device;

http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/ukp.aspx?pid=80&vw=1&articleid=386

Second you can go “Networking > WAN > Traffic Metering” try disabling it if enabled

3. Try to disable IPS if enabled;

Security Services > Intrusion Prevention (IPS) > IPS Policy

4. Make sure you are running the latest ISA570W firmware release v1.2.15;

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283445569&softwareid=282728525&release=1.1.14&flowid=37024

Finally if none of these things fix up the problem, I suggest you to call the Small Business Support Center for further assistance;

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Please let me know if there is anything I may assist you with in the meantime, I'll be looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you for your time,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for the help with your instructions, I have followed all of them unfortunately without success, and of course I have the latest version of firmware.

I'll try to contact support tomorrow, hoping they can help me further. During my test this evening, I have also carried out a packet capture that I can send to support.

I will update this post as soon as I have a result from the support.

Best of regards

Tonni