cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR4321 router setup help

aherbst445
Level 1
Level 1

Hello im new here and was curious if anyone can help me out. Recently ive been tasked with setting up a new cisco router model ISR4321. I have no idea where to start. I havent been able to set it up like the general routers ive used in the past. Im not sure if it needs special software or if im just missing something. If anyone has a basic/clear guide for how to get started with this, that would be amazing. Ive been chasing rabbit holes and customer support around in circles for 2 weeks now. Any links or basic guidance would be very appreciated. Thanks

6 Replies 6

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @aherbst445,

Always difficult to present basic configurations for a Router without topology or details about the final goal.

Find here basic configurations:

https://www.networkstraining.com/basic-cisco-router-configuration-steps/

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

I guess my confusion is regarding weather or not there is a web interface or if i need special Cisco software. I keep seeing reference to this "CLI" stuff and am not sure if there is a way to set it up without that. All im trying to do is replace our old unreliable router with a new fancier one. It doesn't need a complex configuration just enough to get my wired office computers connected to the internet. pretty basic.

What is the model of your old router @aherbst445 ?

Extract please the config and share here the file. 

Also, what is the ios version of your ISR4321.

Thanks.

Best regards

I don't feel comfortable showing you my config but its a typical linksys router. All im really looking for is a straight answer as to if I need special Cisco software or if its possible to SSH into the router or even use a web UI. I cant seem to find anyone that can confirm if special software is needed. A straight answer would be appreciated. Once I can get into the router im fine but I cant even access it currently.

@aherbst445 

Access to CLI your ISR4321, console cable needed and put a basic configuration and after that you should be able to SSH.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/4400/hardware/installation/guide4400-4300/C4400_isr/Install_Connect.html

Best regards

joelsonjsc1
Level 1
Level 1

Tenho um no modelo ISR4321BR-V/k9, estou vendendo por esses tipos de dificuldades nas configurações.