Views
Helpful
Replies

Line con 0 and ssh

Gosha15
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone!

Please help me to understand, why under "line con 0" is "transport input|output ssh|telnet" command, how it used and how should I connect devices (ex.:RTR <-> RTR ) on L1 and configure them to make it work?

Thank you in advance!

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Line Console - is the console port where you use PC to connect directly to device using console cable. which not required any transport input or output command.

If you looking to connect router to router - using connecter ethernet cable on interfaces - then you need vty lines trasnport input and out command.

connect devices (ex.:RTR <-> RTR ) on L1

this was not clear, so are you connecting RTR1-----RTR2 using console cable ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

As far as I understand first method is to use ASYNC. int module. The second is rollover cable AUX to CON. But in this two cases I never defined "transport input" and always connected via telnet. May be some one know other way to connect, for example by ssh. If this commands exist under "line con", there must be way where we can use them. I would be happy if some one share with his experience.

can you get some clarification here :

connect devices (ex.:RTR <-> RTR ) on L1

this was not clear, so are you connecting RTR1-----RTR2 using console cable ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Not console cable but in console port: R1 (AUX) -ROLLOVER cable- (CON) R2, or R1 (async int. module) -(CON) R2. Under line con 0 exist commands "transport input telnet|ssh" and I'm curious in what cases this commands is used, because in above mentioned cases with rollover and async, this commands not needed.