Views
Helpful
Replies

looking for help with my wrvs4400n and a qwest adsl modem

deanlyle1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to get my WRVS4400N to work with my Qwest PK5000 ADSL router which I would like to have provide Internet service only.. Has anyone had experience doing this?

Dean

3 Replies 3

nimusell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dean,

I'm guessing you want to use the VPN capabilities of your WRVS4400N ?

There are a couple of things that are important in this matter.

The ADSL connection you have, is it PPPoE or PPPoE ?

The Qwest ADSL modem you have, can it be set in transparent bridge mode ? What exactly is the model of Qwest you are using ?

For the models supporting transparent bridging (RFC1483) there is a manual on the Qwest website on how to configure it.

After this is done, the WRVS4400N should be able to get a public IP address from your provider. There might be some issues if your ADSL connection is PPPoA though.

Thanks for the reply. The Modem is a PK5000N. It does support Trnsparent

Bridging which I have configured but it still dosen't work. Is there any

settings in the WRVS4400N V2 that I need to check/set?

Dean

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 6:56 AM, nimusell <

Hello Dean,

I think the fastest way to solve your issue is for you to contact the Small Business Support Center. This way me or our colleagues can help you troubleshoot the issue and have it solved much faster than by writing back and forth on this forum.

The toll-free numbers to contact the support center can be found here :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Please note that prior to calling, we recommend registering on the Cisco.com website, and have the serial number of your device at hand, in order to facilitate the creation of a service request ticket.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Nico