Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrate RV340 to a new internet provider network

We are changing to a different internet service provider, and I need to move my RV340 from the old provider to the new provider.  Both internet service provider routers are installed and online.  Since the RV340 uses DHCP to get its IP address from the internet service provider router, I attempted to simply move that ethernet cable from the old provider's router to the new provider's router, but I never could connect to the web interface once the RV340 was connected to the new provider's router.  Do I have to factory reset my RV340? (hope not), because I have a bunch of other configuration settings to screen capture and re-configure.

4 Replies 4

Hi todd@growwithace.com 

Not necessary factory reset and it should work actually. One thing I can think of is the new service provider is blocking your device. Not usuall but sometimes they need to permit your Mac address on their device.

Other than that the good and old power off /on should be enouth

I was a bit rushed when I attempted this move before.  I'll try it again, by power-off, move cable, power-on, and see where I get.  Not sure I know how to permit the Cisco RV340 Mac address in their device, but I can contact their support.  Their website allows me to add Port Forwarding on their router, and change the SSID/password, but that's about it.

Thanks!

So, the RV340 got it's new DHCP address from the new provider's router, and I can log into the RV340, but the laptop I plugged into LAN1 cannot access the internet, and the 3 devices plugged into the other 3 LAN ports cannot access the internet, where they could when WAN1 was plugged into the other provider's router.  I found an article and added a rule to allow ALL internet traffic from ANY IP Address, saved and applied that config, rebooted the router, and hard booted the other devices.  Still no internet.  All devices plugged into the 4 LAN ports on this router can ping it, and ping each other, just NONE can get to the internet.

Hi todd@growwithace.com 

The problem can be related to the return traffic from the internet.  The ISP modem does not know your LAN network and drops the packets. 

Enable NAT on the RV340 and it might work.