cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT faliures, 1-to-1 DOA only DMZ works

matthunt2063
Level 1
Level 1

The last question I posted is almost 6 months old with zero support.

I'm trying to get the 1-to-1 NAT working, but it just gives everyone outside the network "Connection refused".  I've set it as follows:

Always Allow     Any     Enabled     Outbound (LAN (Local Network) > WAN (Internet))     10.0.0.Y     172.13.47.X
Always Allow     Any     Enabled     Inbound (WAN (Internet) > LAN (Local Network))     172.13.47.X

with the Inbound using Other WAN IP of .X, and the Outbound having the Source of .Y and the Destination of .X

This has never worked, getting very frustrated after five months.  The "logging" on the RV180 seems to be failing to, with nothing in any logs.  The only way I can get ANYTHING to work is by placing an IP in the DMZ, and even that is getting "Connection refused" about 30% of the time.

The server in the DMZ should never get a connection refused.  This only happens externally.  I'm about to put a PC firewall together and set this RV180 on fire.

3 Replies 3

Michael Vandergrift
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Matt,

Are you using the Firewall > Advanced Settings > One-to-One NAT menu to configure your 1-1 NAT or are you just entering the ACLs you mentioned?

Both are enabled...maybe that's the issue, I haven't found any documentation saying only use one or the other.  From what I read setting up the 1-2-1 is also supposed to create the ACL, but it doesn't...

and even though I enabled debugging on the logs, viewing then shows nothing...I even made another policy that specifically has "debugging" checked for both System and Kernel, I've refreshed my remote page load repeatedly, and the logs are still empty.  Very confusing.