Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help. RV320 losing connection constantly

I have a new RV320 with the latest firmware and I disabled the second wan port as this is a single wan connection. I'm not using dhcp and I connect to a Cisco 2960g switch that is provided by our ISP. I have a static IP address and its a very simple set up.

My servers all have monitoring software and after hooking up the rv320 I got alerts that the servers were losing connection about every 20 minutes. Then 3 minutes later they are back. When this happens I cannot remote connect to the rv320.

This is highly annoying since the netgear I replaced worked perfect without any issues. The rv320 has been a major pain and totally disappointing since it should be very straightforward.

3 Replies 3

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Shane,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

I am sorry to hear about this inconvenience.  I would first like you to make sure you have "SmartLink Backup" selected under the System Management>Dual WAN menu and even though you are not using the WAN2 interface, select it, go to edit and uncheck "Enable Network Service Detection" if checked.

Please double check on this and let me know the results, I'll be looking forward to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Hi Jeffrey,

So you mean that I should disable the network detection on the second WAN even though it's not in use?  I have not yet done that but I can try.

Unfortunately,I had to revert back to my Netgear as I just could not have this business connection down every 20 minutes....the frustration with this RV320 is that it is supposed to be a simple and easy solution for small businesses but I've had it for over 2 months and still have not got it working -- and I"m dealing with zero routing and nothing complicated. 

My dual wan netgear plugs in, works.  No disconnections.  I just am scratching my head as to why a trusted brand like Cisco makes this so difficult.

Hi Shane,

Yes, please give that a try and let me know.  I am suggesting it because somehow that fixed someone else's similar problem that I remember of.  I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Thanks again,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.