Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to configure Wifi guest access for SRP521W-K9-G1

cvilhena
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have one SRP521W-K9-G1 and need to provide guest internet access without access to my network.

What is the best way to configure this?

3 Replies 3

Andrew Hickman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

With the SRP521W-K9-G1, you could create separate VLANs and WiFi SSIDs for private and guest use, then turn off VLAN routing to ensure separation.  This would limit you to one private VLAN though.

The SRP521W-U-K9 (and the SRP540 series) also support a Guestnet feature that formalises this approach, allows multiple private VLANs and provides access using time limited guest user accounts.  This feature (available in all 1.2 releases is not available for devices that run the 1.1 firmware release.

Hope that helps,

Andy

Hi Andrew,

My router is using v. 1.2.7 and I dont have the Guest menu option, I have even tried to downgrade to 1.2.6 but no luck, it is missing.

I can't figure out the correct way to configure the Vlan with the wan access.

I've already created a second separete vlan and assigned the second SSID but no luck also.

I have one DHCP configured for the Lan but no option to ad a second one.

Can someone help me with the correct configuration?

Thank you.

Hi Christiano,

I think you probably mean releases 1.1.27 and 1.1.26.  These are available for your SRP521W, but do not support Guest WiFi access.

The newer SRP521W-U-K9 product runs release 1.2.5, which does support the feature.  This release will not run on the older model.

Regards,

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: