cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Notebooks

Bob Evans
Level 1
Level 1

I have two RV042G's configured for PPTP and one tunnel between two location about 30 miles from each other.

It is a Windows 2008R2 based network. The notebooks are Windows 7 Proessional.

The VPN runs over a  Comcast Cable 50/10 connect ant each end.

I'm not sure where my issue lies but, I have not been able to find an answer in weeks.

The VPN tunnel works reasonably well except for noise in and dropping VOIP calls, (a future question)

Its when I take a notebook on the road and use the VPN I have issues.

I can connect back fine either PPTP or with the Quick VPN at either end of the tunnel.

And use RDP. But I want to just have the notebook re-cconnect without using RDP

But the notebook can not connect to the network printers or mapped drives when joining thru PPTP.

Thoughts? Help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

Are you using names to try to map the devices on the remote network. I would recommend using the IP addresses of the resources to try and map them and see if it works.

I hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

Are you using names to try to map the devices on the remote network. I would recommend using the IP addresses of the resources to try and map them and see if it works.

I hope this helps

I second this answer.  If you can ping the device IPs, you should be able to connect to them via their IP addresses.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: