Views
Helpful
Replies

OpenVPN and RV260 VPN router

jlfneira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm having a problem configuring an RV260 VPN router. I have followed all steps in Cisco tutorial and my openvpn client is connected and working. My problem is I can just see router IP, local and pool. I'm not able to get to any server at remote network.

My client has IP 192.168.0.50/255.255.255.0. My remote router has IP 10.1.50.1/255.255.255.0

I'm posting image so you can see my OpenVPN configuration. I'm not sure how to get this to work.

foto.png

Thank you

2 Replies 2

jacab
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was having the same problem on my RV160 router when connected using OpenVPN.

It did not let any traffic pass through towards any VLAN created. The only thing that could be pinged was VLAN IP assigned on the router.

When connected via IPSEC Client-to-Site using IKEv1 it was working without any problems.

It turned out to be an issue related to Inter VLAN Traffic which must be allowed on a VLAN you want to reach from your OpenVPN client. Go to VLAN settings on your router and allow inter vlan traffic for a VLAN you want to reach.

Then it should start working and you should be able to reach your devices in that VLAN.

Additionally it is crucial in such case to configure Firewall to allow a traffic to pass through as well and block anything that you don't want to reach your VLAN.

Hope it helps.

@Cisco Support Team 

Why is it designed this way? Can you make it work the same way as it is when connecting via IPSEC Client-To-Site VPN or add an option to choose how it should behave?

Awaiting your response. Thank you.

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

Have the hosts in the 10.1.50.0/24 network (the lan-netwok) configured their default-gw as 10.1.50.1?....only then they can reply to traffic from the openvpn clients who have connected with 192.168.x.x