cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port forwarding beyond RVS4000

hrabowyj.j
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco RVS4000 with Port 1 as a trunk connection to a Cisco SF300 switch.  Port 1 on the router is configured 1untag,2tag,3tag,4ag.

When connected directly to the router I can connect to the switches management IP.  I would like to reach the switch remotely.  I have set up DDNS and can access the router and I have have set a specific port to forward to port 80 on the switches management IP but this does not work.  Should I not be able to Port Forward to the switch across VLAN 1?

3 Replies 3

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Make sure the switch has the proper default gateway also make sure the switch is running latest firmware 1.1.2.0. Also you can use a different port other than port 80 do a PAT (port address translation) where external port is 1025 and internal port is 80, Some ISP block port 80. After verifying all this information and need further support please give the Cisco Small Business Support Center a call (Support Numbers) open a support case and we'll assist with your problem.

Jasbryan

Thanks for the response.  I did end up finding the problem some time ago.  Although the Operational Default Gateway was set the Administrative Default Gateway was not.  As soon as I set it, it began to work.

Fantastic! Glad you were able to find the solution...

Jasbryan