Views
Helpful
Replies

Port forwarding on a RV110W with ppoe connexion never worked

tocatax01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Here is the configuration : I newly installed for a client a RV110W (firmware 1.2.0.9) wich connect on the internet trough Dlink 320B (ppoe connexion, in France - the provider is orange). Wifi is ok, VPN is ok, wan is ok ...

But no way to make port forwarding works (form wan to lan of course). I tried to reboot the router, the modem, reseting router configuration before

re-apply mine, it didn't made any change. I also tried single and range port forwarding, without any succes...

Did someone ever made the port forwarding working ? Thanks in advance !

PS : sorry for my poor English ...

3 Replies 3

tocatax01
Level 1
Level 1

It seems the RV180 has the same problem ... if i understood well, there is no solution/fix for this model at this time ?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2165368

I'll will contact Cisco support for RV110, hope there is a solution !

(If someone got informations .. )

Clayton Sill
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Tocatax,

For the RV110w, the only issues I have heard of is that port forwarding will stop working after a couple days (usually around 3 days) and the device needs to be rebooted to get port forwarding working again.. it was suppose to be fixed in the latest release and I think it states in the release notes that it was fixed but I think I've seen some people still experiencing the issue.

As for the port forwarding on the RV180w.. that is a weird one.. I have a RV180w myself and port forwarding works just fine but I think it could be related to using a PPPoE connection because I used DHCP for my wan connection.

So no matter what the best direction is to call Cisco support because it could be still a bug. I haven't heard of a beta firmware or anything like that for port forwarding on the RV110w but they should be able to get you taken care of!

Only questions I have though is do you have a public ip address on the RV110w and are you configuring PPPoE on the dlink or on the RV110w? What ports are you forwarding?

Thanks,

Clayton Sill.

houjil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a problem for installing this router behind ISP router, pppoe mode

can you please tell me how did you connect your router, adressing and routing

thank you in advance