Level 1

PID VID :           RV042 V03

LAN IPv4/ Subnet mask : 192.168.0.7/255.255.255.0

Working Mode :           Router

2012/04/09 11:55:40 [STATUS]OS Version: Windows 7

2012/04/09 11:55:40 [STATUS]Windows Firewall Domain Profile Settings: ON

2012/04/09 11:55:40 [STATUS]Windows Firewall Private Profile Settings: ON

2012/04/09 11:55:40 [STATUS]Windows Firewall Private Profile Settings: ON

2012/04/09 11:55:40 [STATUS]One network interface detected with IP address 192.168.1.141

2012/04/09 11:55:40 [STATUS]Connecting...

2012/04/09 11:55:40 [DEBUG]Input VPN Server Address = 1.2.3.4

2012/04/09 11:55:40 [STATUS]Connecting to remote gateway with IP address: 1.2.3.4

2012/04/09 11:55:42 [STATUS]Remote gateway was reached by https ...

2012/04/09 11:55:42 [STATUS]Provisioning...

2012/04/09 11:55:54 [STATUS]Success to connect.

2012/04/09 11:55:54 [STATUS]Tunnel is configured. Ping test is about to start.

2012/04/09 11:55:54 [STATUS]Verifying Network...

2012/04/09 11:56:00 [WARNING]Failed to ping remote VPN Router!

2012/04/09 11:56:03 [WARNING]Failed to ping remote VPN Router!

2012/04/09 11:56:06 [WARNING]Failed to ping remote VPN Router!

2012/04/09 11:56:09 [WARNING]Failed to ping remote VPN Router!

2012/04/09 11:56:12 [WARNING]Failed to ping remote VPN Router!

2012/04/09 11:56:16 [WARNING]Ping was blocked, which can be caused by an unexpec

ted disconnect.

2012/04/09 11:56:21 [STATUS]Disconnecting...

2012/04/09 11:56:26 [WARNING]Failed to disconnect.

PPTP working fine but not with Quick VPN .. test on some computer and internet access still can not get connect to router.

87 Replies 87

Your best course of action is to pretend that you never heard mention of QuickVPN.  From now on, it never existed...

Here are the REAL options:

1)  PPTP:  sure it's not SUPER secure, but it works great if you don't have more than 5 users and don't need constant access.

2)  Client-to-Gateway:  should be just as stable as a GW-GW tunnel, only catch is you need 3rd-party software to create the tunnel (which you will have to pay for)

3)  Windows Server:  all of my clients who needed the VPN function had Windows servers anyway, so I just configured the VPN there and it's secure and never any issues.  A solid solution, and all kinds of security levels.

After a lot of pain with this issue, I've finally decided that it is actually the result of a really slow Internet connection to the gateway.  I've been helping out my dad's small company that has this Cisco hardware, but they only have a T1 for an office of 20+ people.  I cannot connect the VPN during the day when people are in the office, but at night it's generally not a problem.  I really have no idea how anyone accesses the Internet from the inside with that little bandwidth.

So, "no response from the gateway" is actually a true literal statement.

I don't know if that helps, but good luck...

NBB

If you get the looping gateway error with QuickVPN there are 2 solutions:

1. Use PPTP
  2. Put a RV042 at both ends (no config required at client side, just copy MAC address only)

Good morning

Hi  everyone, thanks for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. I´ve created a document that could help you with your problem.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-29399

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Very useful post Jonathan, this solved my own problem with QVPN, thank you.

If I am getting this right, I am now going to have to change the subnet in my local client office and the remote client office to get this to work?  Since I cannot control the rest of the world and I need to be able to access this network from Nevada next month.

Now it use to work just fine, I could log in from my office to the client office with no trouble.  This is bull.  20+ years in the Industry, and I cannot believe this.  Why is this not included in the documentation with the QVPN.  WHY was I not told this, when I CALLED Cisco in advance of buying my client these routers, to get something else, because the VPN was unreliable?  Cisco is making me look foolish to my client, because what Cisco told me to buy, will not do what Cisco said it would.  I suggest CISCO come up with an updated client that works, and make sure the full configuration documentation is included with the software.  OR do not tell people it will work at all.

If you think I am angry, I AM. 

Hi  Mark Reaves

I hope you are doing well,

I want to apologize for the issues you are having, could you explain us a little more about your problem? also to specify which devices are you using?

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it”

Greetings, 

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

I cannot get this QVPN to work.  I am having the same problems as everyone eles.  It works for a time, then dies.  Will not let you get in the remote networks.  I have 2 connected via each other in two different cities.  The solution I am seeing, which might work, is to change the subnet's so they do not match.  That is unrealistic.  When traveling you have no control over subnets at all.  So that means I have to change the subnet on both locations on every workstaton.  A lot of extra work.

And why did it work before and now it does not?  You need to update your software better, plus include documentation on how to actually set it up.  Not just leave it to the forums and hope someone can help.

Hi Mark Reeves

You have a point and I completely understand why you are angry, however the solution is to change the subnets in one workstation, this because to avoid forward issues, I mean if you have in one place and it branch the same subnet: 192.168.0.0/24, and you want to communicate the host 192.168.0.1 with the main workstation to a host with the same ip address (192.168.0.1) you are going to have the issues and the logs that appear above, to resolve this problem exists NAT-T  https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16591 , however this feature is only support for a few small business products. Cisco Quick VPN is a very useful software, but you have to keep in mind this little details.

I also encourage you to take a look to he new small business security appliances, the ISA500.

If you want to have two network with the same subnet, using this device you can use other type of VPN remote access such as EZVPN (also called Teleworker VPN), this device supports different types of NAT ending these duplicate network problems.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps11850/ps11752/data_sheet_c78-717565.html
I hope this answer could help you and again I want to apologize for the issues you are having.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it”

Greetings, 

No it does not help.

My notebook that I need to use to access the network from anywhere, so that I can log into a workstation, cannot even log into the VPN.

Right now the local office is using 192.168.1.x, and is connected via point to point vpn to the other rv042 at the remote location 192.168.2.x.  Works great.  Try to log into either the local or remote using your QVPN, it will not connect.  My IP pool at my locatioin is 192.168.10.x.  I cannot login to access any workstations in the 1st place.  And the two servers, one local 2008, and remote 2003, plus one remote workstation is all I really need.  But I need to access it from where ever I am in the country.

Is that clearer?

Look, I really need some help here and the documents are as clear as mud.  And I am not alone in that feeling.  One of the routers I had to replace, and I need to setup a 2nd tunnel on each.  But am not sure how to set it up.

I need to know step by step, what I should setup for it to work.  And how the 2nd tunnel should be setup.

Say this is a example of the setup from the provider at the main office using only the last numbers as correct:

Router     10.0.0.94

subnet     255.255.255.252

gateway     10.0.0.93

Going into a lan with a Domain 2008 server of

192.168.1.1 gateway

and the server on 192.168.1.200

The other site of the remote VPN at a remote location is

Router          10.0.1.118

subnet          255.255.255.252

Gateway     10.0.1.117

Going into a lan with a Domain 2003 member server of

192.168.2.1 gateway

and the server on 192.168.2.201

The router to router is working GREAT.

How do I configure the 2nd tunnel so that QVPN will access either site.  Once that is done, remote desktop is EASY.

I hope I explained it better this time.

Here is the tunnel setup on the local end with the first 3 sections IP changed, only the 4th part of the IP is true.  And I want Mark to be able to connect via QVPN or any other software that will work.  Just need to know how to configure what I do not know.

Tunnel Status
Tunnel(s) EnabledTunnel(s) Defined
Items 1-1 of 1Rows per page :
No.

Name

Status

Phase2
Enc/Auth/Grp

Local Group

Remote Group

Remote Gateway

Tunnel Test

Config.
1MonroeConnectedDES/MD5/1192.168.1.0
Pageof 1

Group VPN Status
Group Name

Connected
Tunnels

Phase2
Enc/Auth/Grp

Local Group

Remote Client

Remote Client Status

Tunnel Test

Config.

VPN Client Status
Items 1-1 of 1Rows per page :
No.

Username

Status

Start Time

End Time

Duration

1MarkOffline---------
Pageof 1

Hi Mark,

From a factory default configuration, all that is required for QuickVPN access is a WAN connection and a username and password in the router. You do not need to configure anything else for QuickVPN access.

- Marty

It will not connect.  Gives this error.  Which does not give any real help at all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: