cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QuickVPN client to RV220W issue: RV220W needs daily reboot to work

gbwatkins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I recentlydeployed a RV220W and got it mostly working for the environment. One issue: remote users connecting from different locations. I set up QuickVPN to accomodate them, which seems to 'kinda' work. 'Kinda' because I have to reboot the RV220W each day before the clients can connect succesfully. The clients run a mix of WinXP-32, WinVista-32 and Win7-64. All other settings in the QuickVPN client have been verified for each user. They each have the latest verion of QuickVPN and the RV220W firmware is at the latest version. The networks at the remote locations are not numbered the same as the host location.

The clients work several times a day, but the RV220W needs to be rebooted every morning. Is this a known problem with a work around? Is there a better solution for VPN access from Vista-32 and Win 7-64? Thanks.

Jeff

6 Replies 6

Iwan Krastew
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Jeff,

We have not encountered such issue before.You can use SSL VPN instead if you have inconsistent behavior with QuickVPN. But you also need to install compatible Visual C++ on the workstations in order to be able to install SSL VPN client.

Kind regards,

Iwan

The problem has been reported by me many times, but was probably ignored ...

Good morning

Hi everyone, thanks for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community. When you are configuring a remote VPN connection, there are some steps that are lost on the path. Here you can see those steps. I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it*

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Johnatan,

Thanks for your respond and the tips, but (unfortunately) the problem still occurs. Please keep in mind that it comes with prolonged use. Same creation of the tunnel or its maintenance is not a problem. Simply, after some successful attempt to connect, suddenly router denied to access, and does not help anything but reset.

Any constructive news?

Hi gbwatkins, If you followed all my tips, I encourage you to perform a factory reset to your device, also ensure you are running the latest firmware, you can also check this document, this one have some common problems with solutions,however if you need a quicker answer can you please reach out to our Small Business Support Center and open a Service Request to address this issue? One of our Engineers may be able to work with you and diagnose the root cause. You can find the appropriate contact information for SBSC in the below link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it”

Greetings, 
Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.
Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.