Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacement for RV220W

Phoenixvogel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Until now I had 2 RV220W connected together with IPSec VPN for backup purposes. They ran well.

Now Our Swisscom Internet Provider had changed the Router (Centro Business 2.0 Router) which is accepting only the parameters in the appended picture. I tried everything I could but the RV220W will not connect.
Does somebody have an idea how I could get the RV220W connected or, since the RV220W is out of Service, a replacement for the RV220W?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you all for your answers

Unfortunately this will not help me because my Online Provider Swisscom does only support IKEv2

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

You can take a look on our new RV340/RV345 series routers:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/small-business-rv-series-routers/datasheet-c78-738374.html

Please rate this post or marked as answered to help other Cisco customers.

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco STAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

Hi

does the RV340 at least support DH Group 14 or one of the Parameters in the Picture?

Thank youCentro Business 2.jpg

Hi,

IKEv2 on RV340/RV345 is not supported, but if you wish you could take a look on the online emulator  for RV340 and navigate to VPN -> IPSEC Profiles:

https://www.cisco.com/assets/sol/sb/RV340_Emulators/RV340_Emulator_v1-0-01-17/index.html#/GettingStarted

Please rate this post or marked as answered to help other Cisco customers.

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco STAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

No Phoenixvogel, none of the RV routers (340/W,RV345/P) support what you need. The routers do not support DH groups past 5.

Cisco documents themselves say that DH14 should be the minimum used for security today, so it is troubling that these new devices do not support it.

Thank you all for your answers

Unfortunately this will not help me because my Online Provider Swisscom does only support IKEv2