cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Linksys RV082 - firmware update?? latest or not??

cisco4dje
Level 1
Level 1

Do Cisco recommend me running the latest firmware update? Im just an individual who uses it for like a small web-/FTP-/Mail-server, etc...

What are the recommodations? Personally I would have updated to the latest...but what are actually the Cisco recommendations?

3 Replies 3

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jorgen,

Thank you for posting. In general we recommend using the latest firmware. Firmware releases fix known issues with the devices and normally no firmware is released unless something needs to be addressed. Please read the release notes for the latest firmware to see if upgrading is a good idea for you.

What is the most current firmware available? We are running 1.3.13.02 (Jan 28, 2011) but I saw last week a new release was put out.

Thanks for ur informative answer.

How do I find out which version I have of this router? I see you have v1 and v2 and v3...on mine it says nothing on the hardware (router) about which version it is.

I assume its here (URL below) where I see which one is the latest for each version, correct???

http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?threads/latest-official-cisco-firmware-for-small-business-routers.33233