cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router (RV120W) and It isn't letting me connect to the cameras through wifi.

iNimbusPc
Level 1
Level 1

I install the new router (RV120W) and It isn't letting me connect to the cameras through wifi or inside the local network, either with local ip or public ip, no matter which device I use, pc or my phone. I can access to the cameras from outsite, if I disable the wifi in my phone, I can see the cameras using the 4G network typing my public ip.

Any suggestion that helps me to troubleshooting.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

lariasqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Eduardo, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. Please, check the firewall setting in your router, if the issue continues just for testing matters you could try disabling the host firewall. And also I was wondering, are your cameras connected in different Vlan? Could be InterVlan routing issues Vlan isolation, please check that information as well; if you have any question please let me know.

I hope you find this answer useful

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Thank you Luis for your Quick response.

as you said I disable the host firewall, but the issue was still happening. so what i did was reconfigure the router again from scrach and it worked..

now what I'm experiencing is that same router model allow me open the cameras interface through the web, but from WAN it says "Authentication Failed" and inside the WLAN allow me to authenticate with the same credentials.. the only thing different is the brand of the cameras DVR .

any suggestion..

Thanks once again.