cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RSV4000 DHCP Gateway address problem

mdoldan
Level 1
Level 1

I have an RSV4000 which I'm using as a gateway. I changed the default 192.168.1.0/24 network to 10.255.255.0/24 and configured the DHCP address pool to use 64 host addresses starting at 10.255.255.64

Every so often users on VLAN 1 get a gateway IP address of 192.168.1.1 even though they received a DHCP address of 10.255.255.64, 65, 66, etc.

I ran a packet capture and the RSV4000 is actually giving out the wrong gateway address.

I have to power cycle the RSV4000 and it works until some random point in time, then starts giving out the wrong gateway address again.

Is Cisco going to fix this?

I'm running version 1.3.2.0 and I do not have the V4 model so I can't run v2.0.0.3

3 Replies 3

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

>I ran a packet capture and the RSV4000 is actually giving out the wrong gateway address.

Could you provide a packet capture that shows the above?

If possible, we like to get the config file of the router.

Hey mdoldan,

Were you the one that upgraded the firmware of 1.3.2.0 on the router or did you receive it like that.

This is a very odd case, where it is giving out ip address on the default lan even though you changed it.

Have you tried reflashing the firmware, factory resetting the router and reloading the configurations back to it.

I would try that and see if the problem persist.

Yes I have reflashed the firmware, factory reset and reconfigured several times. The problem persists however, I have identified what triggers it.

This occurs when the router is trying to renew its DHCP lease from the service provider. I can reproduce the problem intermittently by forcing the router to release and renew it lease while I have another machine make a DHCP request from the router.