Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 110W configuration question

MikeBMiller
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone.

I do small biz computer support but am not an expert on all things Cisco, so I apologize if this is a dumb question.

I have a restaurant customer who has an RV 110W. The device is located in his back office, which make it difficult to provide wireless coverage for the whole restaurant. So last week we installed an Engenius wifi access point in his bar area. I would like to set up that wifi network as a guest network for PCI compliance reasons and just to make sure nobody messes with his POS system. However, the WAP shares a network switch with one of his POS workstations, so it is on the same physical network. This switch plugs into another switch, which then plugs into the RV110W. Only one ethernet port of the RV is in use.

Can I use the VLAN features of the RV to assign a secondary IP address to that port? I was looking at the config page for that earlier today and got a bit confused as to exactly how to do this. I would like to all wifi users to be on a separate subnet which only has access to internet. 

Thank you.

0 Replies 0