Views
Helpful
Replies

RV016 shuts off after running for an hour

ervp3peylyly555
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have just configured a new RV016.  Everything works well for about an hour then it shuts off.  Cycling the power will cause the system led to light breifly, but then it shuts off again.  After 15 minutes unplugged, I am able to restart it and it will run fine for about an hour. 

It seems like a thermal issue, but the case while warm, doesn't feel hot.  Any recommendations?

Thanks for your time!

Michael                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Michael, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for your issue you are having. Well, first I advise you to check out your firmware version, you can find the last firmware version here, you may create a backup of your configuration before update the firmware then perform a factory reset, if you are having issues updating the firmware you can see this document

I think if you proceed doing this even if you are in the current version you can fix it. If the issue continues you can try setting the configuration manually, but this time just with the necessary configuration.

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Michael, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for your issue you are having. Well, first I advise you to check out your firmware version, you can find the last firmware version here, you may create a backup of your configuration before update the firmware then perform a factory reset, if you are having issues updating the firmware you can see this document

I think if you proceed doing this even if you are in the current version you can fix it. If the issue continues you can try setting the configuration manually, but this time just with the necessary configuration.

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Hi Johnnatan, 

Thank you for the suggestions.  I have updated the firmware, and while it was running it worked great!  In this instance, the issue seemed too hardware related, so I have returned the product to Cisco.  I'll just hope the version 1 Linksys RV016 will hold on until the replacement arrives.

Thanks again!